|Here is a free 8x10 print for you from me.|
Wasn't that great? I have watched it half a dozen times now. It made me smile and laugh and it also got me thinking: what is my idea of bliss?
For my sons, bliss is:
"All the lights are off. I'm listening to music and I don't have any homework or any obligations to anyone." He is a 16 year old boy. Enough said.
"When people are not annoying. Seafood. My magic scarf." He got an awesome black and cream plaid scarf from American Eagle for Christmas. He says it's magic because it keeps him warm even when he isn't wearing a coat.
"Spinach. Or my birthday." My kids are a little weird.
"Having Minecraft on the iPad." He says this because I recently deleted it. I don't like how addicted my kids get to it.
For me bliss is extreme happiness, but also peace, a feeling of well-being, and spiritual contentedness. Here are some of my blissful things:
- Curling up with a good book
- Falling asleep to the sound of rain
- Crunching through leaves on a bright, crisp autumn day
- Beautiful music
- Fresh sheets, line dried if possible
- Cold, cold water to drink on a hot day
- Soft, warm socks on a cold day
- Daffodils, lilacs, hydrangeas and a host of other fresh flowers
- The sound of the ocean
- Looking at the stars on a clear night
- Walking barefoot in thick grass
- Laughing until my stomach hurts
- Being with my family--snuggling with my children and hearing them laugh
- Finding a handwritten letter or a thoughtful package in my mailbox
- Date night with my husband
- Fresh raspberries or peaches; perfectly fried bacon; chocolate; pretty much any delicious food--I just love food--I'm an emotional eater and this is why.
- Creative time--time to write or to make something crafty
- Going on a walk when the weather is pleasant
- A chatty phone call with my sister or a dear friend
- A great bargain; getting a fantastic deal on something makes me giddy
- Hitting all the traffic lights green when I am in a hurry
- Blue skies in the winter
- A leisurely stroll through a museum or a botanical garden
- New stationery
- Getting a clean bill of health for me and my family after having to face one of my worst parenting fears earlier this week
What are your blissful things?
Here's to finding our bliss in the cold, dark days of January.